Our 2017 sesshin will be held September 22-29. Jikoji is a Soto Zen temple and retreat center located at 12100 Skyline Blvd, Los Gatos, CA 95033, approximately one hour south of San Francisco, in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Jikoji offers an opportunity to practice in a scenic rural setting.
Angie Enji Boissevain has been a student of Kobun Chino Otogawa Roshi for 40 years and was one of his students who, with Kobun, created and founded Jikoji, where she was director during its first twelve years. For a long time she was a visiting teacher to a number of distant sanghas, as well as guiding teacher for Floating Zendo in San Jose. Floating Zendo is now her primary focus.
Sesshin begins on Friday, September 22 with orientation and Oryoki instruction will begin at 5:00pm followed by a social dinner at 6:00pm. Attendees are welcome to arrive beginning at 4:00pm. Sesshin ends on Friday, September 29 at 1:00pm. On the last morning there will be a clean-up period followed by a social brunch. You can read more about sesshins here.
Simple vegetarian food will be served. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served Oryoki-style in the Dining Room. Those with dietary restrictions are responsible for managing their special food needs.
This is an open sesshin and you may attend for all or part, or just daily. Retreat and accommodation fees:
- $465 for the week (7 nights)
- $70 for day+night stay (includes car and tent campers)
- $45 for the day
Jikoji’s dorms and double rooms feature comfortable bunk beds. Some rooms have an adjoining bathroom and shower. Couples are guaranteed a private room. An ADA bathroom is available.
- Teacher dana is not included in rates. Suggested dana is $10 to $20 per day.
- Some scholarships may be available up to 50% of full rate. Deadline for scholarship applications is August 22.
- Early registration is encouraged. This helps with our overall planning. Shika can arrange for transportation pick-ups.
- Sesshin schedule will be posted on the Floating Zendo website in late August.
To register please contact the Sesshin Shika, Brie Mathers, via email: email@example.com
To hold a place in the sesshin, a 50% deposit is required. Balance is due at sesshin registration. Make checks payable to “Floating Zendo” and mail to P.O. Box 5015, San Jose CA 95150. To pay online via PayPal, use the button below: